Regional Public Organization — “Stellit”
Stellit is scientific-based and research organization that works in the following areas:
- Social researches (children in orphanages, child well-being, commercial sexual exploitation of children).
- Prevention programs for youth (especially for orphanageleavers) on the issues of healthy lifestyle, alcohol and drug use prevention and other forms of risky behavior.
- Providing trainings for stakeholders (specialists of governmental institutions, NGOs and private companies).
- ECPAT (End Child Prostitution, Child Pornography and Trafficking of Children for Sexual Purposes) is an international network of civil society organizations.
- The main goal: to end the sexual exploitation of children around the world by informing travellers, tourism stakeholders, media and the general public on this crime and its consequences.
- ECPAT has 97 members in 88 countries.
- Child means every human being below the age of eighteen years unless under the law applicable to the child, majority is attained earlier. (Convention on the rights of the child)
- Child trafficking is the recruitment and/or transport transfer, harbouring, and receipt of a child by others with the intent of exploiting the child through various means, like prostitution, begging, child labour, etc.
- Sexual abuse and exploitation of children includes:
- The inducement or coercion of a child to engage in any unlawful or psychologically harmful sexual activity;
- The use of children in commercial sexual exploitation;
- The use of children in audio or visual images of child sexual abuse;
- Child prostitution, sexual slavery, sexual exploitation in travel and tourism, trafficking (within and between countries) and sale of children for sexual purposes and forced marriage.(CRC Committee, General Comment No. 13)
- Sexual exploitation of children in travel and tourism – acts of sexual exploitation embedded in a context of travel, tourism, or both.
Read report here.