This Resource Library supports the work of the Jamaica Office of the National Rapporteur on Trafficking in Persons (ONRTIP). ORNTIP’s core functions include:
1. Creating a more objective reporting system on the issue of trafficking in the country.
2. The authority to obtain from the relevant authorities, including the Director of Public Prosecutions and the TIP Unit in the Jamaica Constabulary Force, any information necessary to carry out her stated duties.
3. Conducting independent examinations/investigations of reports of alleged instances of human trafficking where the need arises.
4. Reporting on violations, wherever they may occur, of the rights of victims, as well as discrimination, threats or use of violence, harassment, intimidation or reprisals directed at persons exercising these rights.
5. Providing an analytical overview of the situation in trafficking in an annual report to the Government of Jamaica.
Read more here.