- 120 minutes
- Why does child labor exist?
- How can I make a difference in ending child labor?
- What examples of child labor can I find closest to my community?
After this lesson, students will be able to
- Understand the causes and conditions of child labor in South Asia (rug-making industry), Ecuador (banana industry) and the United States (migrant farm workers).
- Explain how Kailash Satyarthi fights against child labor in South Asia.
- Understand how RugMark and Fair Trade advocate for fair labor practices.
- Determine the causes of child labor and what can be done to prevent it.
- Research one area or industry where child labor is prevalent and prepare and action to address it.
- Create an action plan to fight child labor.