- If slavery is illegal, why does it exist throughout the world today?
- For what reasons do governments turn a blind eye to human trafficking and slavery?
- How can effective change occur?
After this lesson, students will be able to
- Recognize the issue of human trafficking and its relationship to modern slavery.
- Listen to an excerpt about Juliana Dogbadzi and discuss the source of her enslavement, the results of her enslavement, and the ultimate outcome of her situation.
- Reflect on the concept of paying for the wrongs of another person in order to recognize the ways in which the issue relates to their own lives.
- Brainstorm ideas for taking action against these violations of human rights.
- Write for personal reflection to assess their understanding of the issue
- Propose an action and implement the action.